Sunday, July 28, 2013

Silhouette Sunday - Back to School Edition

August is just around the corner and it's time to start thinking about Back to School.  This year will be a little different for me.  All of my girls will be in school (First grade and Pre-Kinder), and I will be going back like normal but to start a new position.  I will be moving out of my 5th grade science classroom Monday and starting a new journey as our campus Gifted and Talented Coordinator.  I get to work with all ages K-5 including my twin first graders.  I've been Pinning away and am very excited to implement some of my new found ideas. 

Well to help all of us get in gear and in the school mindset I've put together some fun school related things for this Silhouette Sunday.  Enjoy!
  
Balancing Act - by The Pair of Birds on Etsy

I just loved this art print from The Pair of Birds on Etsy.  It is much different than my usual style but the colors and design are great.  It does a great job showing what a balancing act the school year is for everyone.


Peeking Animas - Printable Playtime cards by Snappy Printables
With my girls so excited about reading and writing on their own these alphabet flashcards made me smile.  These are a very afforable printable file that you purchase and can download instantly.  They would look great on a nursery or playroom wall.  Snappy Printables has other great items for early literacy in their shop, so stop by and take a look. 


Too Cool for School Glasses necklace by Too Cool For School

This necklace was another item I found while browsing.  They remind me of the "teacher" glasses from the 50's and 60's.  I couldn't resist including them here.  How cute would those be for the first day of school??  Make Pie Not War has lot of other beautiful handmade jewelry pieces, so stop by and check out her shop.

Looking for more unique school items?  Check out the Back to School Treasury of items I found and put together for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment