Thursday, May 3, 2012

Appreciate your Teachers - Apple Oreo cookies


Check out tutorial on www.thecraftingchicks.com
I wanted to share a super cute idea I found while searching the web.  These little cookies are absolutely precious.  I haven't made my batch yet.  I wanted to wait until next week so they stay fresh, but I wanted to share a link to them now.  This way you have time to plan if you want to try them out yourself. 

Basically you coat mini oreos in red candy melts.  You then shape a piece of green Air Head candy into a leaf and use part of a straight pretzel for the stem.  As the candy coating dries it holds the leaf and pretzel to the candy.

I saw this idea at The Crafty Chicks blog.  They have a fabulous tutorial on there explaining how.  I will post a photo of my finished product next week after I have had a try at making them.   They show a couple cute ways to display them, but I'm thinking about a little take out box from Michael's with a scalloped tag. 

If you haven't already please take a minute to check out the giveaway that I have running right now.  If you enter by 9:00 central time tonight  you could win 6 of my mini hedgehog notecards to give to a favorite teacher. 



2 comments:

  1. All such great ideas! I could not enter your draw as we live in Canada!!! But I do love your blog.....
    ;) Kellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kellie! I'm still trying to figure it all out and squeezing in the time is hard. I will be doing more giveaways and they will include International followers when the holiday isn't so close. I was a little late getting started, and I wanted the winner to get it in time to use it.

      Delete