Monday, January 16, 2012

A new favorite woodland character

After finishing a large order of baby shower invitations this weekend I needed a break from umbrellas I finally sat down to take some time to create the character I've been thinking about for a while.... Mr. Fox.


Fox Hoodie for kids - elisehooperdesigns on Etsy

I love woodland creatures.  The owl and hedgehog have been a favorite for a while, but I've also been seeing some inspiring work on Etsy focusing on the fox.  How can you deny the cuteness?

Freddy Fox stuffed toy - Squishybee on Etsy

The fox has just been begging to become a focus on a card or two. 

I took the opportunity to sit down and design a few more Valentine's.  I wanted to share them tonight while I had the kids in bed early.

These first cards are a set of "woodland" themed Valentine's great for children to pass out to their classmates or for Mom to tuck into lunchboxes or backpacks.  I can change the wording and use them in my girls' lunch boxes throughout the year. 



(Products: Cricut Hoot n' Holler, Create a Critter, and Give a Hoot, Bazzill cardstock)
This afternoon I decided I loved that little fox design so much I made a similar version in a larger size to send to a friend for Valentine's day. 
(Products used: Cricut - Give a Hoot and Hoot n'Holler, Bazzill cardstock)
This one is also being submitted to a couple challenges:

Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Challenge #58/anything goes
Get Hippity with Ippity - Challenge #13 / It's all about hearts.


So the question remains... Is the sly Mr. Fox slipping in to replace the owl as a new popular trend?  Who knows??  I'm just glad there are such great projects out there to inspire us. 

7 comments:

  1. Very cute Valentine day cards! Thanks for playing with us at Get hippity with {ippity's} Hearts challenge! Stay crafty!
    Peace,
    Kristy (GHWI DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My these are all so adorable!! Fabulous Valentines Day cards!! Thank you for playing with us at Get Hippity!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little guys are too cute. Thank you for playing with us at Get Hippity and sharing your creativity!
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are soo cute. Thanks for playing at GHWI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Thanks for playing at GHWI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are just cute. Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at Get Hippity with Ippity. Hugs, Julia - DT

    ReplyDelete